Monday, September 9, 2013

Some days are rough!

Before we left, I came across a talk from General Conference by Joseph B. Wirthlin called, "Come What May and Love it"  http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/come-what-may-and-love-it?lang=eng
It is a great talk and well worth the time even if you have already read/heard it.  So, I had a little FHE lesson with the fam centering around this talk.  Thinking that we may, indeed, have some hard times ahead of us and how much more enjoyable it would be if we could laugh about it instead of getting mad.  Thus far it has been huge for us!  I have been very aware of things that are so frustrating and I just get the giggles over the whole thing.  I am grateful beyond words for this!  Now, this is not to say that I don't run out of patience from time to time.  The level of stress I was anticipating just doesn't seem to be there.  We have been very good at saying, "whatever".  One example of this is my hair.  Holy weird hair.  But, I'm not too worried about it.  I just pull it up and pull my bangs out of my face.  I feel like a skin head but, oh well.  Another thing is that some of our stuff did not come to our apartment and it got sent to storage.  This would include all of my shoes except a couple of sandals and my tenny runners.  This has not been awesome for sightseeing.  Also, none of Chris's clothes came.  So, all he has are the ones he brought with him on the plane.  Haha.  Oh well.  But on those occasions when I am overwhelmed with it all, I find it helpful to visit my new favorite little place.




I originally went here because I miss my friend Tiffany so much.  But, as it turns out, it has more than just a great name!  Yummy yum yum!  I was going to take a picture of the inside of this cake/torte but, I got too distracted by eating it and forgot until I was finished.  Hee hee...  Sadly, it was just what I needed!  Why is it that exercising for an hour doesn't feel as good as this lovely little piece of heaven tasted?


I am grateful that we are finding peace in our crazy corner of the world but, I am also grateful for the simple pleasures I find in sugar and fat!




1 comment:

  1. "I am also grateful for the simple pleasures I find in sugar and fat!" Oh, you are killing me! I am laughing out loud at your ability to turn a phrase. That sentence right there is pure genius! And are you telling me that you really do go out and have Breakfast at Tiffany's? Awesome! Also, I'm so proud of you! Come what may and love it! :)

    ReplyDelete