Friday, September 27, 2013


Ground Zero





Where the two towers use to stand they now have these water features.  They are beautiful and peaceful.



This is the only tree that survived.  It stands exactly where it did the day the buildings fell! I looked at that tree and wondered if it felt lonely,  if it missed its other tree friends that aren't there anymore.  There are lots of new trees that have been planted but I couldn't help but feel a little bit sad for the sadness that this tree might feel if trees had feelings.  Sometimes I stand in different places and see everyone.  I think of all the things that we have all seen and been through and wonder how it is that we are not kinder to each other.  And I feel like how I think this little tree might feel.

To those who fell and to those who carry on




I remember the devastation of that day.  I remember taking Dalton to the doctor because he had an ear infection.  The doctor asked me how I was doing and all I could think of was, "It's a good day to live in Smithfield".  It was scary to think that this could happen and what might happen in the future.  I remember and will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment