Friday, September 27, 2013

New York City

I really was going to try to add a little variety and put these pictures in a slide show or something but, I have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to get a video to upload so I can post 3 half done posts and I am so frustrated I feel like throwing the mouse at the monitor so, I am going to just stick with the same ol' boring format.  

I spent the better part of a decade watching this man and thought it would be a crying shame if I didn't take a picture of it!  You can see my brother in the bottom right corner, in the white shirt, he has no patience for my picture taking and I had to run to catch up with him.  :)




I actually can't remember the name of this place but we walked a long way to get there and it was worth it!  We ate hot dogs and drank pina coladas.  If you have ever seen "You've Got Mail", Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan stand exactly where I am standing and eat a hot dog!  I think the name might have had the word Papaya in it...  Don't tell Mark I forgot the name.


I watched in awe as people/students walked in and out of this building.  How would it be to have such a wicked amazing talent?
Need I say more?





This is the only proof that we are all actually there together and you can't even really see us.  We thought about going in and auditioning for America's Got Talent but, we don't really have any talents that look good on stage.





Time Square

 Our hotel was not even an entire block from Time Square.  I was amazed at the amount of people.  I kept looking out our window to see if it was true that this is the city that never sleeps.  When we woke up Sunday morning, there were a few people milling about on the street but not many.  When we first got to DC I took The boys to some art museums that had some explicit type of art...  But nothing like we saw in Time Square.  There were a couple of times they had to walk without looking where they were going in order to avoid seeing what they did not want to see!  Mercy me girls!  Put some clothes on!



This is a picture of Chris driving in Time Square!  Holy crap he's so brave!!




Above is one of the ferris wheel cars in the Toys R Us store in Time Square.  It was pretty freaking cool!  The picture to the right is our hotel lobby.  I couldn't decide if it felt like we were in  James Bond movie or a "mature" movie.


 New York Subway


Statue of Liberty







Marky Mark Marker and I at the Statue of Liberty.  (Don't ask.  I don't know what is up with my hair these days...)
 I am sad to say that Ellis Island was closed, due to damage from Hurricane Sandy (blast that Sandy!).  So, our little ferry boat floated us past it but I didn't get to go in.  I guess I'll just have to go back when it reopens.




 This is a picture of Mark taking our picture.  He cracks me up!  He was trying to get our whole family and the Statue of Liberty in the picture and he couldn't quite get us all in so, he got down on the ground.  You can't see it but there are people waiting off to the right and left.  What a guy!



Among all of the craziness and chaos we see this!  What a welcome sight this is for us!  Right in the middle of it all there stands Moroni proclaiming to all that there is truth and righteousness right here, right now!  Mark, Chris, Ethan, and Dalton went and did baptisms while Seth and I went to Central Park.  On our way home, we asked the boys what their favorite part of the trip was and they said, the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment