Sunday, July 6, 2014

Russian Cooking Class

We started out this grand adventure at a food market.  This was a market like they use to have all over the place here.  It was an "open air" market, under a big permanent tent type of thing.  They have everything fresh from local farms etc...  There were cheese, fruits and veggies, honey, poultry, red meat, bunny legs, fish.  You name it, it was there.  Just laying out there on tables.  They would bring the raw unwrapped meat in in shopping carts.  Carts full of raw exposed meat...  Definitely not a place for the weak
After we bought the groceries, we took it all to this lovely place where Dimitro, from Moldova, taught us a thing or two about Russian Cuisine.  


Of course, we started the course out with tea.


Victoria was the best borscht maker I'd ever seen! 

 

Tammy is cuter than a bug's butt!  Mixing like the master she is!

Jen is the one who arranged this whole thing!  She rocks!




My job was stirring the potatoes.  I pretty much rocked it.









 



This is what Tammy and I look like when we are out of focus.  Which is most of the time.


Viola!





Borscht.  A-Mazing!  (I sang that last word)

Meat Pots.  Hotter than a Coal Miner's lunch bucket.  Burned my tongue and the roof of my mouth and couldn't taste for 3 days after but it was TOTALLY worth it!

Bilini.  Need I say more?  Fabulous!!!!!

It is stuffed with creamy cheese stuff with apples and cinnamon.

And let's be honest, the reason I came was for the certificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment