Sunday, March 23, 2014

Food part 2

The food here makes us giggle.  Not that it is bad...  it is just different.  


Mayonnaise in a bag

? I don't know, and I don't really want to know.

Pepper in an envelope.  All of their seasonings are in envelopes, not bottles 

Ketchup in a bag

Moving sea critters




Dried smashed sea critters in a bulk bin

Can you see the shark tail???  The lobsters were still moving.


And another shark.  You can figure out the prices, 1 dollar equals 36 rubles.  So, divide everything by 36 and that is how many dollars it will cost.  It is a little deceiving when you are buying by weight because they weigh everything by kilos.  There are 2.2 pounds per kilo.  
More dried sea critters in bulk bins

Ice cream in a bag

Milk in a bag

Fish flavored chips

Sausage flavored chips

Meat jello flavored chips

These are dried fish in a package in the snack/chips isle...

I wanted Seth to stand next to these so you could see how big they are but, he would not...  They came to about my knee.  That is a mere $27.  Hope you are thirsty or have lots of friends.

These are individual coffee packets at the check out.  You know, grab a candy bar and a bag of coffee.

Best ice cream EVER!!!  It is pralines, covered in white chocolate.  I nearly died while I was eating it!



I find many things about the eggs here interesting.  First off is they are rarely refrigerated.  There goes my eating cookie dough.  Secondly, they take the time to stamp each and every single egg but do not wash the feathers and crap off.  What??  Barf!  Also, the yolks are very deep orange.  Non of that yellow yolk stuff, even when we buy white eggs.

1 comment:

  1. Allison, I can tell you about the eggs. These chickens must be from a more free range type setting. The darker yolks mean that they are healthy chickens. The reason they haven't been washed is because if you wash eggs the membrane that protects the egg from bacteria disintegrates leaving the egg vulnerable to disease. That is the reason our eggs are refrigerated here in the states - and if that membrane is still intact you can leave eggs out for days. I learned this info from having backyard chickens. I love this post ... I never did understand the gross chips and dried fish..eek!

    ReplyDelete