Thursday, October 10, 2013

Speechless!







At first I thought, there are no words to express the feelings of this place but then I started to understand what it was that I was feeling.  I was SO proud!  I was so proud of all of those scared men and women, many of them really boys and girls, who left their homes, families, jobs, and comfort zones.  These people who not only put their lives on the line for you and I, as American citizens but they stand up for all those who need help.  They stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves!  War is terrible but it is unavoidable and I am so proud to say that I belong to this great country that will stand up and protect whatever needs protecting!  I am grateful to these soldiers that guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  What a beautiful tribute.  They stand there on the scorching hot humid sweat pit days as well as in the pouring rain.  I'm grateful for the soldiers and their families for sacrificing their time, to keep us safe.  As I go from building to building and have to have my bags checked and scanned, I am grateful.  What a small inconvenience for me.  I love this country and I love the efforts of those who work so hard to make it work!  The Founding Fathers, the President, the Senators, Congressmen, Mayors, Citizens.  Thank you for all you do for this great country!


No comments:

Post a Comment