Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week before Christmas

FINALLY SNOW!!!


This is the soccer field for the elementary school.  It cracks me up that there are all these kids in their snow pants, boots, gloves, hats, coats, and scarves running around playing soccer as if it were summer!  

Dinner pre-Christmas Caroling with the missionaries. 



 One of the many crazy malls here.  It reminds me of The Capitol in the Hunger Games.  





Walking home...

This sign says, "Russian Doctor".  I guess he is having a 50% off sale.  I wonder what kind of a doctor it is.  Cracks me up!!!

The dirt on the roads here is unbelievable!  I wish you could tell from this picture how terribly gross it is.  From the back of this car, you cannot tell that it is white.  They put a weird mixture of chemicals and dirt on the roads instead of salt.  It magically turns snow into mud.  It is also impossible to get out of your clothes.  I asked some Russian ladies once how they get it out, one of them told me to pee on the clothes...I told her I didn't think I could get anyone in my house to do that.  She told me to pee in a spray bottle...  I think we will just wear dark clothes for the remainder of the winter.

Super cool tree.

My new food processor (thank you mom and dad).  I christened it with chocolate cheesecake!  I loved the processor AND the cheesecake!

 Best Buddies at the Ambassador's Mansion







No comments:

Post a Comment